Adding smart interactive elements
(1) Header - Highlight your text and select the 'header' icon to add your text as a header.
Please note, when 'header' is selected some options will be unavailable. To make all options available please deselect the 'header' icon.
(2) Attach file - Selecting the paper clip icon allows you attach files to your protocol.
Please note, that the maximum size of a file you can upload is 100mb. If you need to save a larger file, please make use of our G drive or Onedrive integration or simply save the file on your favourite data storage site and save a share link to the file on Labstep.
(3) Upload DNA file - Selecting the DNA icon allows you to upload .dna files to Labstep. If the file was created on SnapGene, then the DNA file will be rendered as an interactive plasmid map (see example below).
(4) Add interactive timers - To add a timer to one of your steps, select the step and then click the timer icon. Timers are recommend for keeping track of short time dependent steps (lasting less than 1 hour).
Please note that the timer alarm will not sound if you navigate away from the step-by-step experiment view or your device enters it's lock state - If reliable use of timers is essential it is recommended you disable your device's lock feature or at least increase the time delay until locking.
(5) Add interactive tables - By clicking on your step and then selecting the table icon, you can add spread-like tables that allows you to add powerful formulas to help you with your calculations. For more information click the link below.
(6) Add citations - It's really simple to add your citations to your protocol. Just select the citations icon and then enter the DOI of the publication that you wish to reference. Then select it from the drop down list.
(7) Match resources (not highlighted in initial screenshot). You can link resources in your inventory on Labstep to your protocol. This is helpful as it allows you to see useful information about the resource, such as it's exact location within the lab and the volume require when you are following an experiment in the step-by-step view.
You can also simultaneously add multiple resources to your inventory and match them to your resources by selecting the 'add multiple resources' icon (shown below) and then entering your resource information into the table.
Please note if you add to your inventory this way, Labstep doesn't check if you already have any of these resources in your inventory. So be careful not to make duplicates of the same resource within your inventory.
Want to find out more about matching resources? Click the link below.
Can't find what you are looking for?
If this help article didn't answer your questions, get in touch with the customer support team.
If you are logged into a Labstep account, click the question mark icon below your avatar and connect to one of our customer support officers who will be able to help you.
Alternatively, click the link to the Labstep’s reddit community page to see if the community has already answered your question. You can always ask a new one!