Keeping track of what resources you've used and where you got them from can be tedious. On Labstep, you can have all your resource information in one place!
Discover a resource
- Navigate to "Discover Resources"
- Search for the resource you're looking for in the search bar or select a resource category to narrow down your search.
- Once you find the resource you are looking for, click the actions icon and select "add to my resources"
Manually adding a resource
- Navigate to the resources page by selecting the "Resources" and making sure you are on the 'My resources' sub-tab.
- Click the blue 'Create Resource' button.
- Select the "Resource Category". You can choose between: Antibody, Cell Line, Chemical, Equipment, General Supply, Oligio or Primer, Organisms, Plasmid, Reagents, Enzymes, Software, Solutions.
- Enter the name of the resource.
- Fill out the other fields.
Adding Resources directly in the protocol builder
- In the protocol builder add a resource to a step by selecting the resource button.
- You can either select a resource which you've added earlier by searching in the 'resource name' field or, create a new resource by selecting 'Create new resource'.
- If you are creating a new reagent, select the category, fill the 'resource Name', 'Amount', 'Units' and click 'Create'.
- This will create an entry in your resource list. You can click on this resource entry to add additional information.